I‘d been thinking about going to see Everybody’s Talking About Jamie then on Monday night I actually dreamt abut it so I took that as a sign and went last night.
There are so many reviews of this musical saying how fabulous it is – apparently people are going to see it over and over again. Here are ten reasons why you should go at least once in no particular order:
- John McCrea – my word he is born to be Jamie. Such a beautiful talented man.
- Choreography – There is nothing I like better than group dances based around disco school desks. And backflips, I like backflips.
- The set – Extremely clever sliding rooms and a brilliant view of the orchestra – more real stars of the show. I really must book those saxophone lessons.
- Dresses – Flamboyant, excessive, sparkly, perfect. Plus the idea of practice hotpants.
- The fact that there is a CD. Car journeys sorted.
- Dan Gillespie – the man is a very kind genius and the songs are incredible.
- The entire cast – I literally could name all of them but I have to mention my favourites: Lucie Shorthouse and Josie Walker (such amazing voices), Charles Dale (what a wonderful soulful man) and of course Mina Anwar (truly hilarious).
- The relationship with Hugo – a kind hearted owner of Victor’s Secret’s Drag shop. Jamie is a lucky boy to have him in his life.
- Jokes about Sheffield – we love a bit of local around here. Mentions of the Supertram and Crystal Peaks make us love you even more. The script is very very funny thanks to Tom McCrae.
- The shoes. I cannot imagine walking across the stage in those scarlet skyscrapers but Jamie – well he, of course, can dance in them. And he looks better wearing them than anyone else would. Unfortunately I will have to accept that trainers will always be my footwear of choice – I blame my flat feet.
I actually could go on but 10 things seems a good place to stop as I have to go and put the CD on again and dance around the kitchen.
You have 5 days to see it – go!