Advice for parents of children who are in the early days of playing a musical instrument:
1. Paying for your child to play an instrument is a good thing.
2. Brace yourself. There will be screaming.
3. You will have to join in and play terribly to show the child that they are way better at the instrument than you. Not difficult in my case for the clarinet.
4. The noise is a challenge.
5. Paying for your child to play an instrument is a good thing.
6. Your child may not be thanking you for encouraging them to practice but…well they aren’t thanking you. In fact no-one is.
7. Very occasionally your child will achieve something cool and they will smile. This is rare and the only positive you will see for several weeks so grasp onto it.
5. Paying for your child to play an instrument is a good thing. Really it is.